We are delighted to be back working in our new normal environment. All our staff are here, safe and well.
We are operating to our pre Covid-19 opening times and the practice is fully equipped with the highest standards of PPE.
We returned to work a month ago and have successfully treated all our urgent cases accumulated throughout lockdown and have been finishing treatments that were interrupted by lockdown.
We are now focusing on our backlog of examinations and hygienist appointments.
The fairest way to do this is in chronological order so patients who missed routine appointments during the lockdown period will be contacted first.
This will inevitably mean that everybody will be slightly behind their normal time to be seen.
Whilst the additional measures currently in place, slow down our work rate, they are helping to keep us all safe.
Before appointments can be made your dentist or dental nurse will need to call you to make sure all is well medically and to allow us to prepare for what may be needed at your appointment.
The new arrival procedure is still in place and reception can only be accessed by telephone or immediately after an appointment if payments need to be made.
If you have an urgent dental problem, require advice or sundry items, please contact the practice on 01480 458100.
Otherwise, we will contact you when we are ready for you to make an appointment.
We are so glad to be back up and running again and to have seen so many of you in the practice already. Thank you all for your understanding and support over this difficult time and we look forward to welcoming all our valued patients back as soon as possible.
Stay safe and well.
Best wishes from all the team at Brampton Dental Practice.
20th July 2020
To all our dear patients
We are delighted to announce that we are going back to work on 8th June. We will use our first 2 days preparing ourselves and the practice in readiness to welcome patients back on 10th June.
All previously booked appointments have been cancelled as we have to rebuild our appointment book, prioritising those with urgent needs first. Many of these patients we are aware of but if you do have an urgent problem then please call 01480 458100 from 8th June. However, we would ask that you do not call the practice in this first week unless you have an urgent problem so that our reception staff and telephones are free for us to deal with our urgent cases. Your understanding in this would be greatly appreciated.
We take everybody’s health and safety very seriously. We will be wearing more personal protective equipment than before and have new procedures for making, arriving and leaving appointments.
- Appointments and payments will all be made by telephone. The front door will remain locked and you should only attend if you have an appointment. If you require any products, please let us know before your appointment and we will have them ready for you in the surgery. Otherwise call us and we will find a way of getting them to you.
- We will find out as much information about your needs as we can when you call and we may carry out video consultations with one of our dentists prior to your visit.
- If you have Coronavirus or any symptoms, or live with anyone who has Coronavirus or symptoms, that is a high temperature, a new continuous cough, 3 or more coughing episodes in the last 24 hours or a loss or change to your sense of taste or smell, please do not attend the practice. You should call us and we will be able to advise you.
- On arrival for an appointment, we request that you remain outside or in your car and check in by telephone. Depending on which surgery, access may either be via the back door, which leads directly into the surgery, or the front door via an empty waiting area.
- We will call your phone when we are ready to see you. The doors will be opened for you by a member of staff so that you do not need to touch any handles. On entering the practice, we will provide hand gel, check your temperature and then accompany you into the surgery.
- Please attend on your own unless it is vital to have a chaperone and please avoid or minimise baggage. If you do have anything with you, we will provide a bag for you to place the items in and we will return the bag after the appointment.
- In the surgery, we will give you the warmest possible no touch greeting!
- We will request you have a mouth rinse provided before we start.
- After treatment, there will be more hand gel before we open the doors for you and help you out of the practice.
- There will be no other people in the waiting room.
- Toilet facilities will unfortunately not be available.
- We would like to prevent any paper transactions where possible so estimates and leaflets for example, will be e mailed if feasible.
We know these measures are strict and remove some of the personal nature of your visits to us which we all value so highly, but it is essential that we protect the health and wellbeing of us all. Above all, we hope you are reassured that you can attend the practice in the knowledge that we will all be safe. Hopefully as time goes by, we can start to ease back towards a new normal.
Thank you all again for your amazing support and patience and we look forward to seeing you all soon as possible.
Warm wishes from the team at Brampton Dental Practice.
5th June 2020